I’ve been putting off posting this because I kept thinking I’d read more World War II books this year, but if I think about it there’s only a few weeks left and I don’t have much room for more books to add to what I HAVE to finish this year. So, I suppose I’ll admit that I am done with this challenge. I didn’t read as many as I’d hoped to, but I did finish what I committed to so that’s good. Here’s my list:
1. Night – Elie Wiesel review
2. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society – Mary Ann Barrows and Annie Shaffer review
3. Night of Flames – Douglas Jacobson review
4. The True Story of Hansel and Gretel – Louise Murphy review
5. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas – John Boyne review
I haven’t yet decided if I’m going to do 2010’s War Through the Generations as I have about a million challenges I’ve been signing up for recently. But they are focusing on the Vietnam war, which I haven’t read too much about , so I probably should join to expand my reading. We’ll see.