This week’s Weekly Geek’s assignment is to list our favorite books published in 2009. I actually read a fair amount of books that were published this year, and here’s my list.
1. The Laws of Harmony by Judith Ryan Hendricks (my review) —> women’s fiction, general fiction
2. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley (my review) —> Young Adult fiction
3. Sleepwalking in Daylight by Elizabeth Flock (my review) —> women’s fiction, general fiction
4. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork (my review) —> Young Adult fiction
5. City of Refuge by Tom Piazza (my review) —> general fiction, “historical” fiction (takes place during Hurricane Katrina, does that count as historical? I’m not sure.)
6. Willow by Julia Hoban (my review) —> Young Adult fiction
7. Hate List by Jennifer Brown (review coming soon) —> Young Adult fiction
I decided to go with seven favorites instead of ten because seven is my favorite number. 🙂 Also if I picked ten I wouldn’t be true to my real favorites, and would just start listing books I liked. These seven are books I adored.
Happy Weekly Geeks. 🙂