This was my first time participating in Orbis Terrarum, and I loved being a part of this fascinating and diverse challenge! I’m thrilled to say that I’ve finished the challenge in only eight months instead of ten. Here is the final list:
1. Slave – Mende Nazar and Damien Lewis (Sudan) review
2. Sonata for Miriam – Linda Olsson (Sweden) review
3. Everything Asian – Sung J. Woo (South Korea) review
4. The Good Women of China – Xinran (China) review
5. The Complete Persepolis – Marjane Satrapi (Iran) review
6. Jellicoe Road – Melina Marchetta (Australia) review
7. Purple Hibiscus – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Nigeria) review
8. Blindness – Jose Saramago (Portugal) review
9. A Disobedient Girl – Ru Freeman (Sri Lanka) review
10. Haunting Bombay – Shilpa Agarwal (India) review
The best book: Hmm… Blindness takes the cake on this one, I think. With The Complete Persepolis a close second.
Any new authors? All of them, actually! I’ve been reading quite a few new authors this year, which I love!
Least favorite of the bunch: Jellicoe Road. I just did not get this book at all.
What did I learn from this challenge? I should be reading more literature from around the world, because what I read, I usually end up loving. It’s always good to expand my reading horizons, so I definitely appreciate that this challenge allowed me to do that!