We’ve all seen the lists, we’ve all thought, “I should really read that someday,” but for all of us, there are still books on “The List” that we haven’t actually gotten around to reading. Even though we know they’re fabulous. Even though we know that we’ll like them. Or that we’ll learn from them. Or just that they’re supposed to be worthy. We just … haven’t gotten around to them yet.
What’s the best book that YOU haven’t read yet?
Well, most of you have heard me talk about my TBR problem… I have about 200 books in my house, right now, that are on my TBR list. It’s a bit overwhelming, so I’m working on trying not to acquire so many these days. For this week’s BTT, I’m going to pick out a few from my TBR shelves that I REALLY plan to get to soon. Here’s a few that are on the top of my priority list:
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
- The Girls Who Went Away by Ann Fessler
- In the Woods by Tana French
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer-Bradley
- Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl
- What is the What by Dave Eggers
… and I could just as easily list 10 or 20 more…
So, which one should I read first? And what is the best book YOU have never read?