So I saw Trish over at Hey Lady! doing this meme, where she listed 10 things she likes that start with a particular letter (she did “O”), and then invited us all to participate. Well, she assigned me the letter “P”… so let’s see what I can come up with.
1. Potatoes. I LOVE potatoes of all varities. I could literally eat a baked potato every single day for the rest of my life and NEVER get sick of them. I could eat them for the majority of my meals, in fact, and be completely content. I also enjoy mashed potatoes, french fries, and pretty much any other kind of potato that you can think of. And sweet potatoes! Yum!!
2. Playing with my niece. She is 16 months old, and I’m telling you guys, I love this kid so much. I would do absolutely anything for her and I love being around her. She is just starting to talk, and this puts me in grave danger, because to be completely honest, once she starts to form sentences I am screwed. She could ask me for just about anything and I do not think I have the capability to say no to her. She is just SO freakin adorable and sweet and ahh I just love her! She is definitely one of my favorite people in the world, but her name starts with A so I can’t use her individually for this. 🙂
3. Pens. I realize how silly this sounds but truthfully, I am always on the lookout for good pens. I used to wait tables so I think the obsession started there – you have to buy your own writing utensils for that, you know. Now I write only at work and when journaling (and yes they provide pens for me at work), but I am always perusing the school supply aisle of grocery stores for smoother writing pens.
4. Pedicures. I only recently discovered how much fun it is to get a pedicure. And I love how my feet look so pretty, even when it’s the dead of winter here and literally the only person who sees my toes is me, in the shower. The rest of the time I always wear socks and usually slippers. But pedicures are so much fun and always make me feel beautiful when I get them.
5. the Printing press. I mean, come on, all of us book lovers have to appreciate the machine that started it all!
6. Pepsi; specifically Diet Pepsi Max. I freakin love this stuff, even though I am well aware how terrible it is for my body. I don’t even care, it is so delicious and, yes, I am completely addicted. Don’t even try to talk me out of it, because I KNOW how bad it is. But it’s so. darn. delicious.
7. Pools, as in swimming pools, as in I love summer and everything that goes with it. Sitting beside the pool, getting a tan, reading a book… now that’s my idea of paradise.
8. my Parents, especially my mom. My mother and I have an extremely close relationship – I can easily say that she is my best friend. I don’t know how healthy our close relationship has been throughout my life (as an adult, I now understand that parents are supposed to be parents before being friends with their kids), but generally she’s always been there for me, always supported me, and now that I’m all grown up we pretty much tell each other everything. She’s always the first person I come to with news, good or bad, and the one relationship in my life based on complete unconditional love. My dad and I have never been too close, but we are working on it, so yeah I love him too and he can be included in this one. 🙂
9. Paris, France. I have only been there once, when I was pretty young (twelve years old), but wow did I love it there. Everything in that city just astounded me; I found it to be the most beautiful and magical place I’d ever seen. I definitely plan to go back there someday – when, I have no clue – but I’m very interested to see the place through my grown-up set of eyes. I’m hoping that I will still find it as amazing as I did the first time.
10. Pinot grigio – actually most wines. I LOVE wine, I love trying new types from different vineyards and regions of the world; I will pretty much try any new wine. I’m not very educated in it or anything, truly I don’t know what I’m looking for when I try new ones, only what tastes good to me. But I love wine and have a lot of fun trying it (and drinking it!) Pinot grigio is a staple in my life and it’s certainly one of my favorites.
Wow, that was easier than I had anticipated! Want to play along? Just comment that you’re interested and I’ll email you back with a random letter – don’t worry, I won’t do any really hard ones. 🙂