Two weeks ago, I said I was taking a “short” break… I had planned to be up and running and churning out reviews this past week, but that clearly didn’t happen. It is more complicated, time-consuming, and stressful than I had anticipated to move into a new home, and let’s just say that I have been very busy over the last couple of weeks.
That being said, I still don’t know exactly when I’ll start to post reviews again. I’ve been reading a little, but haven’t had the time or energy to sit down and collect my thoughts in a way that would allow a review. For now, I’ll just focus on getting my new home all settled and enjoy that. :) Which, by the way, I absolutely love. LOVE.
I have not participated in Weekly Geeks in I don’t even know how long, and I thought this week’s topic was fun, so there you have it. This week, we were asked to list ten facts about books as pertaining to us personally. Here are ten random things about me and books.
1. Last year, I organized my bookshelves by color. It looked super pretty but I could never find the books I was looking for, so I reorganized them by author’s last name. Now it’s much easier to find specific books, but the shelves are not nearly as pretty. :(
2. Before I was a blogger, I was a book monogamist. Now I can read no fewer than three books at one time. Typically it’s more like five or six at once.
3. I always use a bookmark.
4. I discovered audiobooks about two years ago, and thank God I did. So much love for audios over here.
5. My favorite book format is trade paperback. Not too heavy, easy to keep open, the paper is usually decent if not really nice, and they look great lined up together on my bookshelves. And they are much more affordable than hardcover.
6. I have to admit, I am a sucker for buying books online from “big box” stores. The deals are just really difficult for me to pass up.
7. As much as I like to own my books, I am a huge library fan. There’s just so many books, all for the taking, all for FREE! And plus, if you dislike a book, you don’t have to feel bad about that – just return it and find something else.
8. My husband has always been a sporadic reader at best. Now he finishes a book every few weeks and has a huge TBR wishlist. I like to take credit for this. :)
9. I truly believe there is nothing better, book-wise, than an excellent chunkster. But I unfortunately don’t read enough long books, as I seem to lack the patience it requires to really get into the story. I need to work on this.
10. The first book I can remember reading over and over and over again is Addie Meets Max.
That was fun! What are some interesting facts about you and books?
I hope to post some reviews this week, but if I don’t, you can bet I’ll be busy with other stuff. What are you up to this weekend?